Thursday, May 27, 2010

Two for Tea

Today I have two portraits for you. I've been lazy and haven't updated lately. But all is well because here I am :)

This first one is Cameron Diaz. Really zoomed up on the face, too. I really like doing close-ups of the face. Bigger eyes, more dramatic features, and a lot more room for detail. I personally love doing detail work: it keeps me focused and doesn't bore me. I always dread finishing that last boring bit of a sketch mainly because all the details are complete and all that is left is the boring or challenging stuff. But I always try and chug through them (even though I have a bunch of unfinished drawings still in my sketchbook lol.)

I really liked doing this sketch in particular. I know you all might hate me, but I don't find Cameron Diaz to be that gorgeous. I'll admit; she's prettier than some people I've seen lol. But she has a lot of exaggerated features, like her cheekbones. I would kill to have her cheekbones. They're so structured and they suit who she is perfectly. She also has these pouty lips, not quite like Angelina Jolie, but enough where they're plump and passionate. Overall, a job well done. :)




On to the next portrait. Here is German beauty Diane Kruger. I love her films. Inglorious Basterds is one of the greatest movies I've ever seen, and her part is just as great. She's funny and quirky, as well as sexy and beautiful. Plus the fact that she's German reigned it in for me. European women are beautiful and have a lot more about them than most other women.

I chose this picture to challenge myself. Hair is not something I pride myself in making perfect, but this time around, I even outdid myself. The only thing I wish I could do better was make it a little messier. Hair isn't absolutely perfect: it does have flaws and such. But I feel like with my previous painful experiences with women's hair, this is a great start to perfecting that art.

When I scanned in this sketch, something made it catch a pink tint. It should look normal like the rest, but something caused this one to have a rose-colored tint. I was almost going to rescan it and delete this version, but then I took a good look at it and thought it was a really cool effect. So I kept it!

I'm working on a few more good sketches, some that I have yet to do before. Keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment