Monday, March 8, 2010

Intro/Khloe Kardashian No H8

Welcome! For my first blog, I'm going to introduce myself and what I do. I am an artist. I mostly sketch and draw with pencil my favorite celebrities, or even someone I find to be of exquisite beauty. It's only a hobby, since I don't have enough money to go to art school as of right now. I also dabble a little bit in watercolors, but I prefer pencil as my medium.

I want to share my artwork the best way I can, and I figured a blog would be the best way to do that. A lot of my friends and family request different pictures they would like me to draw for them, so I do. Art is a great way of expression for me, and blogging my sketches and other artwork will be a great way for you all to experience how I express myself.


My first portrait that I would like to post is one of my absolute favorites. I am a big fan of the No H8 campaign, since I believe firmly in equal marriage rights for all. I saw this No H8 photograph of Khloe Kardashian that I absolutely fell in love with, so I decided to sketch it.

This drawing is one of my favorites not only because of what it stands for or the person who is in it, but I find the technical details that I recreated to be exquisite. I also love how I added in the red 8 on her cheek to just add a bit of color to the black and white drawing so that it stands out. Overall, it's a beautiful picture and am very proud of it.

All drawings that I post on this blog are 100% my own, although they have been recreated from actual pictures. Please do not steal any of them for your own personal gain. Thank you.

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment