Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Next Up


...is Michelle Pfeiffer, the gorgeous actress who is a Hollywood goddess in her own right. She's beautiful and talented, so obviously she found her own place in my sketchbook. This portrait took me awhile to do, since I didn't want to mess up the piece of work. Overall, it resembles her immensely, and it was a really fun piece to do.

These are my favorites styles to do. I love doing a complete straight-on image so that there's no complications with the face. Since I started my art, I've been trying to expand my horizons and maybe choose images I wouldn't normally find myself recreating.

But doing a head-on portrait of Michelle Pfeiffer had to be done. These types always turn out the best for me and something I just like to do them since they're simple and very fun.

Her eyes are my favorite part of this whole piece. When I look at them, I really feel like I'm looking at the real Michelle Pfeiffer as opposed to just a portrait of her. The resemblance is uncanny, which is sometimes really hard to achieve, but this came out very nicely.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment