Sunday, March 28, 2010

Miss Marilyn Monroe


Marilyn Monroe was one of the most beautiful women in the world, and that's the reason why I just recently attempted to capture that beauty on paper. Her stunning demeanor and striking beauty really drew me to her, but I wanted to make sure that my sketching was really up to par because I knew I didn't want to mess this one up. And this is the product of that.

It turned out beautifully. I did have a lot of trouble on her hair, but that comes with the territory. Light-colored hair is extremely difficult to portray, and since I'm not as skilled in the hair department as other artists, it is more of a challenge. So I always leave it for last haha.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with how this portrait turned out, and many aspets of it make me incredibly happy I finally attempted her. I hope to do more sketches of her in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment